Welcome to the Gazelles
Below you will find basic information about the group to begin your Gazelle journey. We're glad you're here!
2018 fall Workout times
There are several workouts during the week you may attend. Choose either M/W or T/TH and then add the Saturday long run. You may attend any times that work for your schedule. Workouts typically last 60-70 minutes.
M/W 5:30am* or 7:0am
T/TH 5:30am**, 7:00am, 8:15am or 5:30pm
SAT 5:45am - 7:00am
*Downtown or North Austin (Far West)
** Advanced Runners
Using the Schedule
Our online schedule shows each workout's location and activity. Locations may change due to weather or other events, so make sure to check the schedule for each workout!*
A typical Gazelle week might look like this:
- Workout 1: (M or T) Strength, hill work, or circuit training. These are challenging workouts designed to build strength and endurance.
- Workout 2: (W or TH) Speed and endurance. These workouts include fartleks, interval runs or lap repeats.
- Long Run: (S) Routes of 3-24 miles are planned for all groups and include hydration stops. Ask your coach or use our forum to help you find the right pace group.
- Core Workouts: (M/W 5:30pm, F 5:30am) Thirty minutes of light-weight exercises and core strengthening exercises, the other 30 minutes are partner exercises with a variety of medicine ball throws.
- Yoga: (Sun 8:30am) A one-hour Hatha Yin practice to wind down and recover from your long run. Enjoy gentle movement and floor postures.
*Because it is a partial membership, Saturday Gazelles will not have access to the online schedule. Saturday Gazelles receive each week's route via email on Thursday evening.
Where We Meet
Gazelles HQ is located downtown at 115 Sandra Muraida Way, Suite 105-A, just off the trail. Downtown workouts (except T/TH 8:15a) and all Saturday runs meet at Gazelles HQ and run a warmup to the workout location. Any exceptions will be posted on the training schedule.
We also have a workout in North Austin (Far West) that meets at Ready to Run on M/W at 5:30a led by Coach Jay Clement.
Some of the downtown workout locations include:
- Austin High track
- The Rock
- Zilker Soccer Fields
- Zilker Barton Springs
- Robert E. Lee
Saturday Long Runs
5:45 am 10+ miles
7:00 am <10 miles
Our coaches plan and map out specific long run routes from 3 to 24 miles. Water and Gatorade stations are placed along the routes to help with your hydration. Routes and maps are on the schedule and also show water stops. We do not have coaches for every pace and start time, so make sure you know your route before you arrive. Ask coaches for help finding other Saturday runners with similar paces.
A good post-run routine is critical to staying healthy, particularly after a long run. We have on-site physical therapists after every long run for injury assessment, and a strength routine to help keep you injury-free. Both services are included in your membership.
Of course you can do your long run any day you want, but we hope you enjoy the benefits of the supported long run with hydration, post-run services and the company of fellow Gazelles.
Gear and Perks
Available Gazelles Gear can be found in our online store. Some perks of being a Gazelle include: 15% off of merchandise at The Loop Running Supply, a waived initiation fee at Pure Austin Gym, 15% discount on spin classes at LOVE Cycle Studio, $15 off massages at Susan Fegelman Massage, discounted menu at Zen Japanese & more!
One of the many benefits of being a Gazelle is access to Physical Therapists (PTs). We have practitioners from two PT offices who come to Gazelle workouts during the week to provide free injury assessments/evaluations, which include taking a brief history, an examination of your injury and explanation/advice on what to do next and how to help yourself. Under Texas State Law, PTs must have a referral (prescription on file) from a physician in order to treat a patient. Because of this, the PTs who come to Gazelle workouts only evaluate and provide advice, they can not treat you without a referral. Take advantage of this amazing part of your membership at the following times:
- Monday 6:15-6:45am at the workout location (check the Gazelle schedule for location) with "Dr. Ross," Ross Bomben, Performance Therapy Group
- Wednesday 5:30-7:00am at Gazelles HQ with Cody McGrath, Mondo Sports Therapy
- Friday (open to the public) from 12-1pm at Gazelles HQ with Pieter Kroon and/or Katie Gwyn, Mondo Sports Therapy
THANK YOU to our wonderful PT partners!
Gazelles HQ offers free validated parking in Gables Park Plaza garage M-TH 5-9am and 5-7:30pm; F 5-7am, Sat 5-10am and Sun 8-10am. After your run, make sure to pick up a validation code at headquarters to exit the garage. Validation only works if you enter and exit the garage between the times listed.
For other workout locations, street parking is available.
Gilbert holds office hours every Friday morning 10:00am-12:00pm for 15-minute individual discussions. Contact us to schedule an appointment.
Gazelles run rain or shine, except in lightning or thunderstorms or icy road conditions. Always check the schedule for the latest updates.