This Week With Gazelles: July 16-22
Thanks to all the hard-working, awesome Young Runners that attended Youth Gazelles Summer Camp. Everyone had a blast!
Congratulations to Gazelles who ran this past weekend: Erin McCarthy (2:11:22) at the Sockeye Half Marathon and Christy Wright Barnett (1:56:42) at Napa-to-Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon. You both did fantastic!
We also had an amazing group of Gazelles Run With Joy at Back The Track Relays this past Saturday evening. Due to the long list of runners, those results at at the end of this post.
About the workouts this week—no more circuit! Some celebrate and some mourn, but the weekly circuits have been replaced, for a few weeks anyway. There will still be a circuit workout once a month, but the Rebuild, Recover and Refresh cycle is coming to an end which means M/T workouts will focus more on the hill aspect of strength in running.
If you want to keep up the strength and benefits from the circuit workouts, join one of Gazelles' supplemental classes:
- Monday 5:30 pm, Strength and Core with Alex
- Wednesday 5:30 pm, Strength and Core with Leslie
- Friday 5:30 am, Strength and Core with Richard
- Sunday 8:30 am, Hatha Yin Yoga with Angie
Classes are for current Gazelle members (and those in between training programs) only. All classes are held at Gazelles HQ. Bring a mat and water for class. Friday morning class also bring weights for arm exercises.
Special Gazelles Shop Night at The Loop!
Saturday, Aug. 4 at 6:00 pm.
SAVE THE DATE! Saturday, August 4th, The Loop will host a private, members only, Gazelle Shop Night with special promotional savings for Gazelles as well as friends and family you want to bring with you. More details to come, but put this on your calendar. You don't want to miss out!
- Planning on running a marathon or half marathon before the end of the year? Maybe the Gazelles destination race—CIM in December? It's time to start training. Join one of the Gazelles training plans to get you ready for your best race!
- Zilker Relays: The Zilker Relays will be held on September 7, and we encourage you to start planning your teams now. If you would like our help in getting a team together, please email email@example.com and we'll start a members-only page to help you find some teammates. If you already have a team, send us your team roster so we can post that, too!
- Do you consistently run (recovery) on your non-Gazelle days? Are you looking for others to run with for your recovery runs? If we hear from enough people that are both running consistently and looking for running partners, we'll set up a members-only page with details so you can easily find people to run with on your off days. Please include day(s) of the week, start time, distance and pace for the recovery run. Email us, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member Highlight: Jillian Curran
How long have you been a runner?
I have been running since I was a little girl. Soccer was always my main focus, but I ran cross country and track in the off season to stay in shape. I ended up running steeplechase in college and loved it.
Which group do you run with?
7am Tuesday & Thursday
What's your favorite workout and why?
I enjoy fartlek workouts because they are always challenging
What prompted you to join Gazelles and when did you join?
My friend Laura made me, but I am glad she did. We started running with the Gazelles in February 2018.
What's your favorite Gilbert-ism or best story about him?
I was running in my neighborhood the other day and heard honking, when I looked up I saw Gilbert driving by. He is always cheering me on no matter where I am running.
Each Gazelle featured in the Member Highlight has been selected randomly from our active member list.
Back The Track Results
Men 1 Mile Run
Ammons, Mitchell 4:38.38 3
Ramirez, Andrew 4:40.17 2
Malik, Zeeshan 4:45.55 1
Reiser, Adam 4:48.16
Talavera, Rod 4:54.00
Rudi, Johann 5:02.55 10
Rothhammer, Bryce 5:10.41 6
Dando, Kyle 5:23.76 10
Cooper, Ben 5:29.34 2
Connolly, James 5:38.32 3
Johnston, Mike 5:38.97 2
Tran, Gregory 5:41.70 1
Preis, Michael 5:47.83
Women 1 Mile Run
Johnston, Erin 7:02.55 6
Boys 1 Mile Run
Meissner, Austin 5:15.96 10
Reisman, Adam 6:12.88 5
Men 100 Meter Dash
Preis, Michael 13.35 5
Boys 800 Meter Run
Reisman, Adam 3:03.19 10
We welcome positive comments! You do not need to log in to comment or post a question, simply enter your name and comment as a guest.
Questions or content requests/submissions? Email email@example.com.