Track Training Program for Middle and High School StudentsOct 25, 2007
Gilbert's Gazelles will once again conduct a training program for middle and high school students ages 10 to 18 to help them prepare for their Spring track season. The program begins November 5th, focusing attention on speed while also improving endurance and strength.
The workouts include:
- Race specific track workouts
- Intervals on grass and trails to increase speed
- Core strength through circuit to balance muscles overused in running
- Hill workouts to develop running power
- Polymetric exercises to help with form
- Long runs on weekend to aid endurance
Sessions will be held Monday and Wednesday from 5:30pm-7pm, and 7.30am Saturday for a group run followed by stretching and form drills.
Contact Gilbert directly or request more information.